Prediabetes and Diabetes
The Diabetes section includes questions that determine what screening or assessment services, education programs, counseling, follow-up monitoring or self-management services and health insurance coverage are available to employees in the workplace.
Click on a question to find resources that help to support each activity.
In the past 12 months, did your worksite...
85. Provide free or subsidized prediabetes and diabetes health risk assessment (beyond self-report) and feedback, followed by blood screening (fasting glucose or A1c) and clinical referral when appropriate?
86. Provide educational materials on prediabetes and diabetes?
87. Provide and promote interactive educational programming on preventing and controlling diabetes?
88. Provide and promote free or subsidized intensive lifestyle coaching/counseling and follow-up monitoring for employees with prediabetes or diabetes?
89. Provide and promote self-management programs for diabetes control?
90. Provide health coverage with free or subsidized out-of-pocket costs for diabetes medications as well as supplies for diabetes management (e.g., glucose test strips, needles, monitoring kits)?