Occupational Health and Safety
How the workplace is prepared and organized for and responds to workplace hazards and injuries is assessed by these questions.
Click on a question to find resources that help to support each activity.
In the past 12 months, did your worksite...
124. Have and promote a written policy on injury prevention and occupational health and safety?
Journey to Safety Excellence; The Business Case for Investment in Safety. A Guide for Executives
125. Provide opportunities for employee input on hazards and solutions, and implement these solutions when appropriate?
Recommended Practices for Safety and Health Programs; Additional Resources/Core Elements/Worker Participation
126. Encourage employees to report uncomfortable, unsafe, or hazardous working conditions to a supervisor, occupational health and safety professional or another reporting channel?
OSHA Memo: Employer Incentive and Disincentive Policies and Practices
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Employers Should Ensure that Workers Promptly Report Work-Related Injuries
127. Carefully investigate the primary cause of any reported work-related illnesses or injuries and take specific actions to prevent similar incidents in the future?
128. Provide educational materials about health and safety at work?
OSHA, Resource for the Development and Delivery of Training to Workers
NC Dept. of Labor, Publications (for workers)
OSH Materials Available for Download
National Safety Council (training for Safety staff and workers)
129. Provide and promote interactive educational programming on how to avoid incidents or injury on the job?
OSHA Training and Reference Materials Library
OSHA interactive training webtool on identifying workplace hazards
Interactive Safety Training Better for Hazardous Jobs: Study