Occupational Health and Safety
How the workplace is prepared and organized for and responds to workplace hazards and injuries is assessed by these questions.
Click on a question to find resources that help to support each activity.
In the past 12 months, did your worksite...
124. Have and promote a written policy on injury prevention and occupational health and safety?
125. Provide opportunities for employee input on hazards and solutions, and implement these solutions when appropriate?
126. Encourage employees to report uncomfortable, unsafe, or hazardous working conditions to a supervisor, occupational health and safety professional or another reporting channel?
127. Carefully investigate the primary cause of any reported work-related illnesses or injuries and take specific actions to prevent similar incidents in the future?
128. Provide educational materials about health and safety at work?
129. Provide and promote interactive educational programming on how to avoid incidents or injury on the job?
130. Have a process in place for measuring and, if necessary, improving worksite air quality?
131. Make adjustments or provide resources where necessary to reduce the risk of eye injury or vision impairment?
132. Proactively support employees returning to work after illness or injury?