High Blood Pressure
An assessment of the screening, education programs, follow-up and health benefits offered by the employer to address high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a focus of the questions in these sections of the ScoreCard.
Click on a question to find resources that help to support each activity.
During the last 12 months, did your worksite...
34. Provide free or subsidized blood pressure screening (beyond self-report) followed by directed feedback and clinical referral when appropriate?
35. Provide educational materials on preventing and controlling high blood pressure?
36. Provide and promote interactive educational programming on preventing and controlling high blood pressure?
37. Provide and promote free or subsidized lifestyle coaching/counseling or self-management programs that equip employees with skills and motivation to set and meet their personal blood pressure management goals?
38. Make blood pressure monitoring devices available with instructions for employees to conduct their own self assessments?
39. Provide health insurance coverage with free or subsidized out-of-pocket costs for blood pressure control medications?