Tobacco Control questions seek to identify policies, benefits and environmental features related to tobacco use and control in the workplace.
Click on a question to find resources that help to support each activity.
During the past 12 months, did your worksite:
19. Have a written policy banning tobacco use at your worksite?
20. Actively enforce a written policy banning tobacco use?
21. Display signs (including 'no smoking' signs) with information about your tobacco-use policy?
22. Refer tobacco users to a state or other tobacco cessation telephone quit line?
23. Provide health insurance coverage with no or low out-of-pocket costs for prescription tobacco cessation medications including nicotine replacement?
24. Provide health insurance coverage with no or low out-of-pocket costs for FDA-approved over-the-counter nicotine replacement products?
25. Provide or promote free or subsidized tobacco cessation counseling?
American Cancer Society Quit Tobacco and Smoking Toolkit - See p. 4, 7
26. Inform employees about health insurance coverage or programs that include tobacco cessation medication and counseling?
27. Provide incentives for being a current nonuser of tobacco and for current tobacco users who are currently involved in a cessation class or actively quitting?
American Cancer Society Quit Tobacco and Smoking Toolkit - See p. 4, 12
28. Do not allow sale of tobacco products on company property?