Policies, services, environmental supports and workplace practices that improve the availability of healthy foods are the focuses of questions in this section of the ScoreCard.
Click on a question to find resources that help to support each activity.
During the past 12 months, did your worksite:
29. Provide places to purchase food and beverages?
30. Have a written policy or formal communication that makes healthier food and beverage choices available in cafeterias or snack bars?
31. Have a written policy or formal communication that makes healthier food and beverage choices available in vending machines?
32. Make most (more than 50%) of the food and beverage choices available in vending machines, cafeterias, snack bars, or other purchase points be healthier food items?
33. Provide nutritional information (beyond standard nutrition information on labels) on sodium, calories, trans fats or saturated fats for foods and beverages sold in worksite cafeterias, snack bars or other purchase points?
34. Identify healthier food and beverage choices with signs or symbols?
35. Subsidize or provide discounts on healthier foods and beverages offered in vending machines, cafeterias, snack bars or other purchase points?
36. Have a written policy or formal communication which makes healthier food and beverage choices available during meetings when food is served?
37. Provide employees with food preparation and storage facilities?
38. Offer or promote an on-site or nearby farmers' market where fresh fruits and vegetables are sold?
39. Provide brochures, videos, posters, pamphlets, newsletters or other written or online information that address the benefits of healthy eating?
40. Provide a series of educational seminars, workshops or classes on nutrition?
For North Carolina State Health Plan covered worksites: Contact NCHealthSmart@nctreasurer.com about on-site presentations.